Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tippin' the scales at...

















(Emery on the left, Collin on the right)


... over FOUR pounds!!! :) That's right, Collin checks in at 4 lb 10 oz and Emery is now 4 lb 1 oz! What great news.

Tonight was a very easy going, very calm peaceful night. Emery and Collin were both wide awake for stretches, and it's fun to see them look around. I felt like it was less "new born glazed looking into the distance" and more "looking alertly around, towards the light, out the window, etc". SO fun.

I could write a whole long series of posts about the peace, tranquility and even reverence at the NICU. Tonight was no exception - just sitting in the rocking chair holding the babies one at a time while they were fed through their nose tube (I got to hold Emery while she was fed, and Uncle Dave held Collin). It's a peaceful experience. It's truly a wonderful place (granted, others may not feel the same way - I realize we have been extremely lucky to have had low stress, very few 'issues'. Our thoughts and prayers are with the parents there whose children are in surgeries, and struggle with various aspects of growth and development. We are blessed, and grateful for our good fortune). We owe a lot to the fantastic medical staff we have worked with up to this point.

2 comments: